Art, Coaching and Cake
All workshops run at Embsay Village Hall, BD23 6RE on Fridays from 1.15 to 3.15 & cost £48 per month.
They are weekly, 2hr sessions for artists of all abilities who wish to develop their range of media and/or techniques along with painlessly absorbing little theory nuggets within a fairly small but friendly group of artists – a maximum of 7 people to ensure plenty of individual coaching throughout the session.
February 4, 11, 18, 25.
March 4, 11, 18, 25.
April 1, 8, 22, 29 (No session on Good Friday 15).
All workshops run at Embsay Village Hall, BD23 6RE on Fridays from 1.15 to 3.15 & ...
Beginner to Confident in a Month – 4 week Course Using Graphite
If you have little or no idea how to draw or where to start, then this could be for you.
Working in a small group of up to 4 budding artists, you learn the ‘how’ (practical skills) along with the ‘why’ (a little theory) for the first 3 weeks before bringing it all together in a final drawing or mixed media artwork in week 4.
Optional home projects help to consolidate your journey, with handouts, materials all provided along with email support for you if you’re struggling with a topic.
Bite-size learning is a wonderfully calm, stress-free way to learn any new skill.
All materials are provided, simply turn up and learn how to draw confidently!
If you have little or no idea how to draw or where to start, ...
Beginner to Confident in a Month – 4 Week Course Using Pastels
This is a lovely mix of theory (what’s a focal point, why do we need it and how many should we have?) with plenty of short practical exercises (observation skills) before moving on to discover the many little tricks an artist uses to transfer all this theory and observation skill onto paper.
- Learn how to ‘see through the eyes of an artist’ – an essential skill, as you can’t draw what you don’t see!
- Discover what works best for you… grids, containers, sighting etc.
- Work with different papers, pencils and media… discover which ones you prefer.
- Find out how to use a variety of the tools available to an artist and how to use them effectively.
- Handouts of the day’s topics to take with you when you leave.
- Small projects for you to practise that day’s subject at home (optional – you’re not back at school, don’t worry).
- ‘Try before you buy’ a selection of other drawing media/paper (e.g. charcoal, water-soluble graphite, coloured pencils).
- Individual feedback: both instant during the session and once the session draws to a close.
- There is no specific break during this 2-hour session, so please bring your own drinks and snacks if needed.
- ALL materials are provided, just bring an old shirt to protect your clothing.
- Refunds can’t be given, but substitutions are very welcome – just let me know who has taken your place. In this way, the course continues, and you can reclaim your fee.
- This is a newly designed course so is discounted to £250 for August, prices will rise when it runs again in October.
- Course runs at Embsay Village Hall, Near Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 6RE.
This is a lovely mix of theory (what's a focal point, why do we ...