The small group size ensures each artist has all the coaching and encouragement they need to succeed to become a confident artist in 4 weeks (8 hours). This is a lovely mix of theory (what's a focal point, why do we need it and how many should we have?) with plenty of short practical exercises (observation skills) before moving on to discover the many little tricks artists use to transfer all this theory and observation skills onto paper. You will:
- Learn how to 'see through the eyes of an artist' - an essential skill, as you can't draw what you don't see!
- Discover what works best for you... grids, containers, sighting etc.
- Work with different papers, pencils and media... discover which ones you prefer.
- Find out how to use a variety of the tools available to an artist and how to use them effectively.
- Handouts of the day's topics to take with you when you leave.
- Small projects for you to practise that day's subject at home (optional - you're not back at school, don't worry).
- 'Try before you buy' a selection of other drawing media/paper (e.g. charcoal, water-soluble graphite, coloured pencils).
- Individual feedback: both instant during the session and once the session draws to a close.
- There is no specific break during this 2-hour session, so please bring your own drinks and snacks if needed.
- ALL materials are provided, just bring an old shirt to protect your clothing.
- Refunds can't be given, but substitutions are very welcome - just let me know who has taken your place. In this way, the course continues, and you can reclaim your fee.
- Courses run at Embsay Village Hall, Near Skipton (gateway to the Yorkshire Dales) North Yorkshire.... BD23 6RE. Time: 1.45 - 3.45 (Friday afternoons) for 4 weeks.
What's included in the price
All materials... Your own box of materials for use during the sessions: different graphite pencils, tools and papers. Handouts where applicable A variety of different types of drawing media to 'try before you buy' Optional projects to complete in your own time for those to want to progress more quickly