Join us for a fun and intuitive week of learning all the skills needed to build your own round pole mortice and tenon building using wood in it's most natural form. We will cover the following:
- How to identify and use the tools correctly
- How to set up your workplace for consistently good results
- How to measure and mark out your timbers for pegged mortice and tenon joints (We have developed our own system for this and will teach you our closely guarded secrets).
- How to fit, adjust and peg the joints.
- Each person will work on their own timbers and joints, which will come together as a single building to be erected by the team as a whole by the end of the week.
What's included in the price
5 days of comprehensive tuition with Master carpenter Dominic Brady in our yard and pole barn on Huntley estate. A tour of the yard and equipment. A chance to stay on the estate, either camping or in luxury glamping accommodation (payable separately) and a whole load of laughs and giggles