Join us for a fun and intuitive week of learning all the skills needed to join wood without nails, screws or any other mechanical fixings. Mortice and tenon building using wood in it's most natural form. We will cover the following:
- How to identify and use the tools correctly
- How to set up your workplace for consistently good results
- How to measure and mark out your timbers
- A number of traditional wood joints to perform again and again.
- How to fit, adjust and finish the joints.
- Each person will work on their own timbers and joints to produce a piece of work to take home at the end of the two days.
What's included in the price
2 days of comprehensive tuition with Master carpenter Dominic Brady in our yard and pole barn on Huntley estate. A tour of the yard and equipment. A chance to stay on the estate, either camping or in luxury glamping accommodation (payable separately) and a whole load of laughs and giggles