This is a new 4-day intensive course providing an introduction into silver clay jewellery. It is packed full of projects to get you started creating several different designs.
We will start with the basics to make your own jewellery from Art Clay Silver. I will begin by showing you how to roll, shape, add texture, dry, refine, fire and polish your silver clay pieces. Other skills and techniques covered include –
* Creating 3D forms or filigree works using syringe clay.
* Using paste with organic forms such as leaves.
* Making your own molds for creating charms and solderable accents
* Making texture sheets from your own designs and drawings (can be used for fingerprint jewellery)
* Adding colour with cold enamelling techniques and patina
* Creating pieces using one or more of the following methods – using heat-resistant stones and/or dichroic glass cabochons by firing in place. Adding pre-made bezel cups to pieces and bezel setting a small stone post firing.
* ring making using silver clay
The following materials are included to create your jewellery –
A Total of 25g of art clay silver (enough to create around 3 – 4 pieces depending on the size)
1 x 10g syringe of art clay silver
1 x 10g pot of art clay silver paste
Other materials will be available to create molds and texture sheets, stones/dichroic glass cabs for setting, materials for patina and cold enamelling. Tools for cutting/rolling etc with also be available to use. Extra packs of art clay silver (lump clay) will be available to buy if you would like to make extra pieces (card payment only).
I will also provide students with a discount code that can be used to get 15% off at Metalclay.
This course starts on Monday 15th July and runs 10 – 4 pm each day until Thursday 18th July